Monday, January 23, 2012

Grocery Shopping on a Student Budget

This afternoon I biked over to one of my favorite grocery stores in Uppsala, Nelins. Although it is a 15-20 minute bike ride from Flogsta, the huge produce section and low prices make up for the distance. Nelins has an enormous selection of fresh produce and the largest organic section I have come across. And unlike most grocery store that throw away the "ugly" fruits and veggies, Nelins packages them up and sells them for extremely low prices. 

Take a look at what I bought for just 109 kr. (that about 16$):
1 kg Organic Carrots
8 "Ugly" Apples
6 Large Organic Red Beets
2 Red Peppers
1 Red Onion
Bag of Tomatoes
6 Kiwi's
2 Avocado's
(un-pictured- cough drops) 

I felt like I robbed the grocery store. SO much fresh produce! 
Now let the cooking begin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment