Friday, April 20, 2012

Time Flies

I can't believe how fast time flies. It was two weeks ago (thursday the 5th) that I set out on an adventure of unknowns. One of my friends (who a did not know too well) and I decided to spend a week WOOFing in Bornholm Denmark. We barley know each other, we barley knew where we were going or what we would be doing. But none of this held us back, in fact it added to the excitement. 

Let the adventure begin!

Thursday morning I took the train to Stockholm to spend the day with my corridormate.

When I arrived in Stockholm I took the Subway to Johanna's neighborhood. 
We cooks a  delicious lunch before setting out into the city.

We decided to spend the day in one of Johanna's favorite parks in Stockholm, a place I probably would have never been to if she hadn't taken me there. 
Cold but clear day.


 The park reminded me much of Wintertur. It was a manicured and well kept nature park with gardens, orchards, and fields as well as a mansions, art museums and a beautiful garden shop and cafe.
The park we walked around.

Adorable shop full of locally made goodies! I wanted to buy everything.
Pastries :)

Time for fika! 
Local and organic Blueberry Ice Cream and a cup of coffee. Dining al fresco.

 After fika, we continued our walk.

Do you see what I see??
So as we were walking along I saw what looked like a reindeer running across the field. I shrieked and pointed it out to Johanna. She laughed as said "A reindeer?? Really Avery, that's just a regular deer....right???" This was no regular deer and it was running around like it was just set free. That's when we realized it had probably escaped from Skansen. Johanna and I found some park workers and told them about the reindeer on the loose and they said they would take care of it. 


 Later we had dinner at the most delicious vegetarian buffet called Hermans. The restaurant is located in Södermalm and has a beautiful view overlooking the water. We sat on the terrace (which was inclosed for winter) and enjoyed a long and leisurely mulch-course meal. After filling our bellies, we said goodbye to Johanna and Lilli and I hopped on the night train.


No comments:

Post a Comment