Monday, September 10, 2012

Keeping the Swedish Dream Alive

As I finish my last year of my undergraduate school in the US, I am going to try hard to keep my Swedish Dream alive. I plan to incorporate bits of Swedish culture into my everyday life and will post about it here. 

It's been 2 weeks back on campus and I am realizing how much I miss the Swedish way of socializing. I miss the formal dinner parties, nights of singing and drinking and just having fun. I miss the student run pubs and clubs. 

Here's a glimpse into the past weekend- Swedish style. 
Biking in dresses with flowers in our hair and buckets of cookies!

I am so lucky to have such a great housemate and best friend who feels much the same about the social scene here. Together we decided that we are going to host formal dinner gatherings throughout the semester for our closest friends. Our evenings will be full of great company, delicious food, good music and great fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment