Saturday, November 12, 2011

Berlin-4

In case you missed the previous posts about my trip to Berlin just click below:

On our final day in Berlin Linnea, Annette and I took a boat tour as a way to see the important sites from another perspective.











The evening ended with a lovely walk through a park and then dinner at a delicious Indian restaurant. Berlin in a city with unbelievable amounts of green space. There were parks (large and small) everywhere!
   





Thanks you David, Annette, Bella and Ceci for such a lovely stay. I had a wonderful time being together again, it felt so natural. Actually at one point it felt like we were back in Ithaca. The girlies were checking to see if Lilo was on Skype and at that moment another neighbor called! After briefly talking with him and then talking to Lilo later that evening it really felt like I was home.

Highlights from the weekend (no particular order):
German Breads
Touring the city by bike
Sleeping and living in a home (not a room)
Gallery hopping on Satutday night
Girls night with Ceci and Bella
Family game night featuring pimply pim and the coin game
Berlin- the new and old
Rogacki
Nefertiti's Bust
Gates of Babylon
Berlin Wall and Check Point Charlie
Home cooked meal
Inexpensive food prices
& many more...

6 comments:

  1. Great job of putting this blog together. We loved it and can't wait for the next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Avery
    I love your pictures from Berlin. Valerie and I saw/did some of the same things that you did when she was here in the summer. But we missed out on Rogackis!! We have to do this next time.
    I want to let you know that you and your friends are always welcome at our house and I hope I will be able to welcome you in Stuttgart in 2012. Maybe if it gets toooooo dark in Sweden. I cannot promise that it will be much better weather her but definitely more day light.
    Do you have a break or long weekend that screams "Stuttgart" already. Let me know as soon as you know so that I can put it on my calendar.
    There are direct flights with Germanwings, AirBerlin, Lufthansa and Ryan Air (here your destination airport would be Memmingen not Stuttgart and I would pick you up in Memmingen by car)RyanAir would be the cheapest for 512 SEK for a random date I tried in February.
    Valerie will probably be in Stuttgart from Feb. 19th to Feb 26th just fyi. But she might go to Ithaca instead, who knows ;-).

    Can't wait to read more about your adventures in Sweden

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the invitation Gaby! I will definitely look at my calendar and find a time to come! Maybe when Sam comes to visit me we could fly down to Stuttgart together! I will let you know when I have figured out a date that works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a plan. We can drop Sam off at one of the car museums and do some girl's stuff ;-)
    Did you get the "coffee"-letter I sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha sounds like a plan!
    I did get the "coffee"-letter! Thanks so much the coffee is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good your mom said that coffee is so expensive in Sweden, so I am going to send you some once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete