Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hello November

Mild Temps,
Birds Chirping,
Windows Wide Open...

Is this really the Novembers I have been warned about?

It feels as though Spring is just around the corner but it is not. I must brace myself for the 5-6 months of cold, dark Winter days that linger ahead.

Since switching the clock back this weekend, the darkness has become almost disorienting. The sun set yesterday at 3:55pm. I had a group meeting at 16:30 (4:30) so I got on my bike, turned on my lights and started riding through the evening light. I passed by a school and saw kids out playing in the yard and thought to myself "why are these kids still at school? Shouldn't they be home and getting ready for bed?" Then I remember it was only 4:00. The darkness, while exciting, it will take some getting use to.


Now for some photos of Uppsala in the Fall taken this weekend:



No comments:

Post a Comment