Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of Internet = Lots to Share!

Hello Eveyone! I arrived safely in Uppsala on Monday afternoon after an extremely smooth flight from JFK to Reykjavik Iceland and then from Iceland to Arlanda-Stockholm Airpot. Day One was quite a busy and overwhelming day. I can't believe I am finally here in Sweden! 

Day Two: Linnea, Remmy, and I did not have to go to the immigration board for our passports so we had the morning free to explore. We decided to have a coffee and a sandwich at a little cafe before walking the Linnes Garden.

My Sandwich- Delicious Bread with Butter, Swedish Cheese, Brie, a Tomato, a Cucumber, a slice of Pepper and Sliced Black Olive. Deliciously Strong Coffee.


 Crossing the river En Route to the Garden...

 Linne Gardens.



 Cabbage.

A Fig.

Linnea Flower.

Shots From Around Uppsala.



The Main University Building

Bikes Everywhere!!


Kalmar Nation Hosted a Traditional Swedish Food Night. The Menu consisted of our choice between Swedish Meatballs, Hering, or Pea Soup.

I went with the Pea Soup with a Rye Cracker and Cheese.

My Dining Companions- Gretta, Kesley and Remmy.

2 comments:

  1. streets look empty where are all the people? we would like to be there with you.....have agreat time and think about us here in the sweat box.Lokking for more..Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Avery,

    Richard wrote the last comment, I think it says "Patsy said.........." Now I'll send you the email Donna D. sent to me.

    ReplyDelete