Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ämbetsmannamiddag

A special dinner was held for all of the Ämbetsman (or officers) at VG. 
The theme of the night was Stars.

Upon arrival, everyone selected a name from a hat which determined which table you would sit at.
On each table was a list of words to be included in a song, a speech and a skit to be created so throughout the dinner we worked on these pieces. Towards the end of the meal it was time to preform. I guess they were pretty funny but I wouldn't know because I couldn't understand what they were saying :/ Although I have learned and can understand a lot of Swedish, it is difficult to follow casual student conversation because there is so much vocabulary I do not know. This made it a little bit difficult to become fully involved in the dinner but luckily there is another American Ämbetsman so she and I stuck together.

Our Words.
Tablemates- Tobias (the Star Chef), Nicolas (Tiger Woods), Linnea (Super Woman)
More tablemates- Linnea. Alice (Galaxy), Anna (a Star)
Hanna (the Sun) and I (Stars and Stripes)
 Speeches, Skits and Songs:


Of course there was more singing from the songbook

Jennie (Dr. Botox- she make the stars)
Carolina (an Alien)




The dinner was fun but would have been more fun if I was as Swede.

No comments:

Post a Comment