Sunday, March 25, 2012

German Health Care

Germans believe in three things:
1. Frische Luft (fresh air)
2. Mineral Water
3. Good Bread

Gaby and I spent the morning relaxing at the Mineral Baths.
 It was such a warm and sunny day that I was actually able to get a bit of a tan while bathing in the outdoor mineral bath.
The mineral bath was full of elderly people most of whom were surprisingly fit and healthy. Many of them frequent the mineral baths several times a week. If there was a mineral bath near where I lived I would probably go that often too. It was so rejuvenating and my skin felt so fresh and healthy afterwards.


Later that day Gaby took me to a Power Plate Class. I had never heard of Power Plate and was eager to give it a try. Basically, while standing on a vibrating platform you hold your body tense in certain poses for 45 seconds. In order to prevent the vibrations from rattling your bones, you tense you mussels to redirect the vibrations.





No comments:

Post a Comment