Sunday, May 20, 2012

Barcelona- Gaudi


Gaudi's architectural design can be seen all over Barcelona.
Gaudi's love for nature is expressed in all of his works. The beautiful, flowing organic shapes, pattern and design breaks up the square, rigid and grid-like cityscape.
Le Pedrera by Gaudi





Casa Batllo by Gaudi




I did not end up going into either of these museums. The buildings alone were absolutely breath taking. I did however go into the Sagrada Familia...
View from across the street.
The Passion Facade.

I am still at a loss of words for how amazing this place was. The lighting, the colors, the unbelievable design, the feeling I felt inside, the fact that it is still being built and may never be done... its... unbelievable. 
Just look.















Nativity Facade.








A model.
Creating the Model.

I did not want to leave. I just wanted to sit there and absorb the beauty and genius design.
I am pretty sure if I had visited when I was younger I would have decided to be an architect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment