Saturday, May 26, 2012

sommaren är här

Now time for a weather update. 

Summer is here. 

Summer in a photo.
Spending the evenings sitting outside with friends enjoying the sights and tastes of summer.
Clear blue skies
Warm weather
Long days
Cold Cider
Watermelon
Ice Cream


Swedes in the summer.


Soaking up the sun.
Cycling home at 12:30. The sky was still blue.
 Currently we are getting just under 18 hours of daylight here compared to Ithaca where they are receiving just under 15 hours. The sun is rising around 3:50 and setting around 9:45. Just how the darkness was disorienting, the long hours of daylight have been messing with my internal clock. The bright sunshine wakes me up most mornings around 4:30 and often as I am falling asleep at night the sky is still glowing blue. 

This past week has been full of clear blue sky's and sunshine. The highs have been in the low to mid 70's, once reaching 80 during the hours of peak sunlight, but boy does it feel hot! I don't think my body is use to this kind of heat. I have found myself over heating two or three times already and I will often wake up in the middle of the night  sweating even with my window wide open. Needless to say I am loving every minute of the warm weather and sunshine. I am finally returning to my normal shade, longer the ghostly white color I turned during the dark winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment